This weekend we headed 'down south' to relax in Margaret River (I hear all your questions about whether the river was cold and how did we manage to stay dry when we were in the river and you know what? I'm ignoring them!). We picked up a car on Friday night so we could get started early Saturday morning. I got the privilege of driving because I'm the most experienced driver and it may have had something to due with the fact that my age saved us $40 in insurance.
We spent Saturday touring at local galleries and lookout points. Lots of fun jewelry and beautiful paintings. Then we went to the windiest place I've ever been. We're lucky we didn't get blown away at Injidup Point!
Saturday afternoon we walked around the town of Margaret River, went to the southern most tip of Western Australia, stalked some kangaroos, ate some dinner, and then went to bed early to prepare for our tour on Sunday.
 |
The Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse is the farthest
south you can go in Western Australia.
It is here that the Indian and the Southern Oceans meet. |
 |
| Photo by Amy Chapman |
 |
| That is a boomer hopping away. |
 |
| Hanging out on the golf course. |
We stayed at a lovely little bed and breakfast called Bridgefield Guest House. It is located on the outskirts of Margaret River.
Sunday we went on our Bush Tucker Wine Tour. It was great. Lots of great wine, cheese, and chocolate.
 |
At The Grove. This was probably my favorite drink of the tour
even though it wasn't wine. |
Oh, I forgot to mention the scrumptious Witchity Grub that came with lunch. Our bus driver divided it into 3 parts for 3 lucky guests to try. I bravely (or stupidly) raised my hand to volunteer. It most definitely did not taste like chicken. But I got a neat hat as a prize so it was totally worth it.
 |
| What did I get myself into? |
 |
| 1-2-3 GO! |
 |
| Trying not to make a too much of a scene at the lunch table. |
 |
| Where is the wine when you need it?? I had to settle for water. |
Monday we got up early to make a few last minute stops to places we had been the day before and to some new places. It is such a great area with heaps of wineries to visit. Once again it was a lovely weekend filled with great company, good food, and delicious wine. Just 2 more weeks in Fremantle but plenty left to do both at work and in town. Time has flown by.
You are so brave! And what was your prize?
ReplyDeleteDo you have an accent yet??